Search over 1,400 postings
Media and Truth
- Hero Dog Protects 3 Year Old Lost Owner February 22, 2020
- Cost of a Super Bowl party February 2, 2020
- News media fact checkers, proof readers and editors – miss obvious photo errors January 27, 2020
- Towns ban cars and trucks from city January 1, 2020
- 2020 Gardening season is here December 31, 2019
- Ramen the noddle with many faces December 25, 2019
- Food Safety – New direct from USDA research and testing laboratories – safe cooking temperatures December 24, 2019
- Christmas Message December 23, 2019
- Treat yourself to a Christmas gift that will keep on giving November 29, 2019
- Giving Thanks November 27, 2019
- Judge rules ‘ duck’s have the right to ‘Quack’ November 20, 2019
- So True! November 13, 2019
- Thanksgiving a different prospective October 30, 2019
- Abandoned and Orphaned – Give them a second chance October 22, 2019
- Southern Comfort Food October 14, 2019
- Irene on Hero Dog Protects 3 Year Old Lost Owner
- Deb on Hero Dog Protects 3 Year Old Lost Owner
- The Belmont Rooster on Hero Dog Protects 3 Year Old Lost Owner
- pobept on Hero Dog Protects 3 Year Old Lost Owner
- msjadeli on Hero Dog Protects 3 Year Old Lost Owner
- hazelroselooms on Hero Dog Protects 3 Year Old Lost Owner
- pobept on Towns ban cars and trucks from city
Category Archives: ChristmasImage
Tomato Growers Supply is a valuable research resource that you can use to select next years tomato and pepper varieties that you want to grow in your garden. Their website has a picture and a short informational description of each variety they sell.
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this company. I have not been paid nor have I received gifts from this company.
I list them as a ‘Research/Reference site only. As a informational resource. Purchase your seed from a source you trust.
No matter where you purchase your pepper and tomato seed this site is still very helpful in helping you select just the right variety for your growing zone,
and selecting plants sized for the space you have available to grow tomato’s or peppers.
Tomato Growers Supply Company has a free catalog of tomato seeds, pepper seeds, and eggplant seeds. More than 500 varieties of tomatoes and peppers, including huge selections of both hybrid tomato seeds and heirloom tomato seeds, hot chiles, sweet peppers, tomatillos and eggplants.
As we approach the holidays think of the many poor abandoned and orphaned Fruitcakes.
If someone forces a fruitcake through your letter box or abandons it on your door step. Sometimes you will find them hidden on dark shelf’s of pantries, lurking behind a jar of juice in the back of your refrigerator. They may be found well concealed in an Amazon, eBay or Walmart box marked ‘Christmas gifts.
While at work you may discover someone has abandoned a poor little Fruitcake and secretly placed it in your bottom right desk drawer, don’t despair.
If you have no place in your heart or home or desire to adopt and care for one of these abandoned or orphaned Fruitcakes post them as soon as possible to me at Town and Country Gardening blog.
I will give them a home, treat them with respect, feed them with a sprinkling of spice rum from time to time while waiting for them to mature. Fruitcakes will get the attention they deserve being displayed on my best silver platter as a special treat for my family, friends and special holiday guest.
About Texas Fruitcake I find serving large quantities of wine, brandy and whiskey before serving Collins street bakery Fruitcake makes my Fruitcake more appealing and it disappears quickly as my guest comment of the luxury taste and texture of my holiday Fruitcake.
FYI: I am in no way affiliated with nor do I receive free gifts or monetary compensation. from this bakery. I just like their fruitcakes.
Happy Holiday season
This only works if you like the flavor of Cinnamon.
1 – 750 ml bottle of Gin, Vodka or white(clear) Rum 86 or 90 proof
3 or 4 sticks Cinnamon
1 cup cane sugar
1 cup distilled water
1 clean, sterilized quart canning jar with tight fitting lid
Variations or additions to this drink: Add few Clove seeds or fresh Vanilla seeds
* Bring 1 cup water and sugar to near boiling point. Stir sugar water until sugar is dissolved and clear until no hint of undissolved sugar remains
Put Cinnamon sticks and sugar syrup into quart jar
Pour 750 ml bottle of rum, vodka or gin into quart jar secure lid tightly
Refrigerate for 15 days or more, more is better
Carefully remove Cinnamon sticks, strain (I use a coffee filter) any Cinnamon bits left behind and bottle.
Serve cold with or without ice
** Warning this recipe makes a very, very sweet drink.
You may want to consider making your first bottle using 1/2 as much sugar and water.
Grin, you can always add a bit more sugar, but it’s really difficult to take sugar out of your adult beverage.
Not from the USA Please leave me comment about your home town and country.
If you see or read something you like Please Share By Re-blogging, Twitter or Email To A Friend.
Why is Common Sense so Uncommon?