Little know Fruitcake facts:
* Before the Iron Age, fruit cakes were used as boat anchors.
* If laid end to end, all the fruitcakes exchanged in one holiday season would stretch 1/2 to the moon.
* Re-gifted fruitcakes circumnavigates the globe an average of 25 times before it ends up in the hands of someone who will actually eat it.
The Fruitcake industry call this an “aging” process and claim it enhances the flavor.
* It is a little known fact that there is No evidence that can prove that any person has ever purchased a fruitcake for themselves.
* Dogs will run away from home at the first sight or smell on a Fruitcake. Pigs will cower in the corner of their pens.
* The ancient Egyptians considered fruitcake an essential food for the afterlife.
Even the ancient Egyptians knew Fruitcake will last forever.
* Many Americans said they would rather die than eat a Fruitcake.
* To promote Fruitcake sales in the Bahamas, not only is the fruit cake drenched with rum, but the ingredients are as well. All of the candied fruit, walnuts, and raisins are placed in an enclosed container and are soaked with the darkest variety of rum, from 2 weeks to 3 months.
* In the early 18th century, fruitcake (called plum cakes) was outlawed entirely throughout Continental Europe. These cakes were considered as “sinful.” By the end of the 18th century there were laws restricting the use of plum cake.
* Queen Victoria waited a year to eat a fruitcake she received for her birthday.
I like Fruitcake, when we are both Rum soaked!
Not from the USA. Please leave me comment about your home town and country.
If you see or read something you like Please Share By Re-blogging, Twitter or Email To A Friend
Why is Common Sense so Uncommon?
Don’t be Shy. Leave me your Comment(s)